Focused on a clear aim to inspire all Australians to be healthier and more active no matter what their age, Coral Coast Physiotherapy and Allied Health Clinic is proud to offer the Exercise Right for Active Ageing Program.
Is this class suitable for me?
With only a quarter of Australians 65 years and older currently meeting physical activity guidelines, this is a great initiative to encourage more participation in our local community in a safe and supportive environment. Not only are these classes affordable, but they can definitely improve your quality of life and overall health, while connecting with like-minded people in a fun and friendly setting.
We offer a wide variety of classes such as strength & balance classes, Pilates and Hydrotherapy, so we can tailor the exercises to suit your needs, but also make it enjoyable at the same time.
Who is the program designed for?
The program is targeted towards people who are currently not physically active on 5 or more days of the week and are not receiving any other funding for exercise classes.
The exercises are tailored specifically to help with common signs of ageing such as:
- reducing effects of chronic disease like Heart disease and Diabetes
- reducing painful effects of arthritis
- keeping your bones strong to reduce your chance of Osteoporosis and fractures
- improving mobility and balance to reduce risk of falls
- Improving strength and endurance to help continue to perform daily activities and maintain independence
To be a part of the program a doctor’s referral isn’t needed, but participants must complete a pre-screening assessment prior to commencing the classes.